ABC’s new look Catalyst programme is looking for people to take part in an observational documentary series exploring the relationship between our diet, our gut flora and our physical and mental health. The series will investigate whether a tailored dietary intervention can change gut flora and potentially result in positive health outcomes.
Participants will be given a free personalised 6-8 week diet programme designed by experts, medical and nutritional feedback and a DNA analysis of their microbiome.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- A strong conviction that you really need help to get on top of your condition, be it depression, obesity or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Be aged 16 to 55 years and live in the Sydney Metropolitan area.
- Be comfortable with regular visits from our small documentary crew to film you at home, at work and on the weekends from approx late April/May 1st to mid-June in Sydney.
- Be available for a health assessment at a Sydney medical facility on or around May 1st.
- Be available for an interview (phone, skype or in person) from April 3 to April 11th.
- Successful participants will have their medical and travel expenses paid during filming.