From biscuits to bread, pies to pavlovas are you ready to step into The Bake Off Shed, throw on your apron and have your bakes judged by two of Australia’s most beloved culinary icons?
If you’re a Star Baker in the making, we’d love to hear from you!
- You must be aged 16 years or above.
- You must be an Australian citizen or resident.
- You cannot have completed any professional cooking or catering qualifications (such as tertiary or TAFE) in the last 10 years.
- You cannot have ever worked full-time in a kitchen as a cook, baker, chef or in food preparation;
- You cannot have earned your main source of income from preparing food and/or cooking fresh food in a professional kitchen environment such as a restaurant, café, bakery or take-away in the last 8 years;
- You cannot have taught cooking classes or have done cooking demonstrations or food preparation in any capacity be it casual, part time, full time or contract in a total of more than 8 weeks in the last 8 years;
- If you have worked in food service (as distinct from food preparation) in restaurants or food service coupled with very basic food preparation such as making sandwiches or working in quick service restaurants (e.g. McDonalds), this will generally not be considered professional or semi-professional food preparation experience but the Producer retains its discretion to determine eligibility at all times.